Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Time (for) Travel


I've dove into the archives of photos that I have to bring some gems of days gone by. They are not in order at all. Feel free to comment, jest, rhyme, or just breathe and smile. For a larger view, simply click the photo.



Brother-from-another-Mother, Thomas, checking the map on the summit of Mt. Shucksan. Summer, 2006.


This is one of my most favorite meals that I've ever had. Dining with my Brother, Madrid, Spain, Summer 2005.


Google 'the mud'. nuf said. We were trying to "out-redneck the rednecks." The locals still kicked our asses. Good pal Joe "party-boy" Alonzo, on the right. Spring, 2006. Thanks to Michael Parelskin for the photo.


Italy, Summer 2005. Needless to say, my dinner date kept making stuff up, I stalked off before the main course.


Yours truly, big bike ripping, across the water from Hood River, OR. Spring, 2006.


Up top of Oyster Dome. Catchin' some air. Bellingham, WA. June, 2003.


Eye's on the prize. The summit pyramid looms in the lens. Mt. Shucksan, Summer 2006.


(L to R) Patrick, Kevin Hall, Chris Parrish, Matt Howell. On our way back from some bike racing in the Methow. 2006? And don't forget the mighty 4Runner, loaded to the brim with adventure.


Michael, tearing up the synewy goodness of the Syncline. Oregon, watching us closely across the water.


Spring break, 2006. Smith Rocks. Deanna, looking for a bit of Double Trouble.


Summer, 2005. Italy. My brother Johnny on the left.


2005? Bellingham, WA. The local food culture offers a fairly spectacular array of...



Artist's Point, Mt. Baker National Forest.

Dust of Snow

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a Hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
-Robert Frost



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick,
I like the pictures, from serious to seriously funny. The redneck shot is amazing! I'm digging it.

JM said...

Love these, bro! I've never seen that one with your dinner date before... :-)

Sweet!!! You are so talented... in photography, poetry, prose, biking, etc etc... I'm a little jealous!