Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Five on the 15th

These photos are from the Mackenzie River Trail in Oregon. For those who have never graced her sweet curves, yeah, you're really not missing anything. Don't bother checking it out. It's a long drive, in the middle of nowhere, I mean, what if something happened and you didn't get cell phone service and you couldn't make a twit on twitter about it right at that time. That would suck. It's really not a great trail anyway, so much hype...

Of the many times I've ridden this trail, the excitement is always the same. hot, cold, sunny, cloudy, raining... That wind in your perma-grinning face of almost 30 miles of whooping, shred-tastic festival single track of what the fuck it is to love mountain biking.

These are from a trip I did with good friends from Bellingham, Matt and Kevin. September, 2006. We rallied the waz out of that trail. (don't miss out, be sure to click on the images to make them bigger.)



Thanks to Matti for this sweet picture of myself - out of mind and body.


Kevin had a few flats on this ride, silly latex tubes...


Matti, cruisin true Oregon forestry. Kevin is fixing another flat, just outside the Right of the picture.


Kevin, trying not to take the big drink.


Matti and his stumpjumper - countless moments of blissful riding.

To see more photos from this ride, click here.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I can't believe you haven't taken me on those sweet curves yet! You've been talking it up for years! Summer 2011 or spring...I like spring riding.

Patrick said...

Yes! Take the pretty lady to the pretty oregon trail in 2011, let's do it. It may have to wait until summer for the snow to melt from the upper reaches.

Unknown said...

Patrick,

Hey this is Scott, owner of Adventure Maps, Inc. I am updating my Hood River MTB Map and was interested in some of your photos for the cover. Let me know if you would be open to providing rights. Call or e-mail me to discuss.

Thanks!
scott@adventuremaps.net
503-385-8023