Friday, June 26, 2009

Not a cloud in the sky

Well, I'll start off by saying that I completely forgot about sunscreen until well in to the ride. ah, what can you do sometimes? I was planning on a long ride today, 5-6 hours or so. I wasn't planning on heading up Marys Peak road again.

I don't know so much what happened, I just came up to the turn off and took a right. It was completely beautiful again, but in a completely different way from yesterday. Not a cloud in the sky. I guess I wanted to see the ocean blue while I was down here and this is a great place to do it if you can't make it out to the water.

Butterflies were everywhere up there! Hundreds of thousands of them.

The Alsea Falls part of the ride is fantastic. A narrow single lane road cruising through coast range hills. Most of the time the trees are so tall and thick that the road is completely shaded, nice feature considering my lack of sun protection. I found an injured butterfly on the road. I was bummed, he seemed fine but was missing some key equipment needed to fly around.

I got caught by an old timer on a tractor sneaking of photo of him after we waved happily at each other. The next guy on a tractor I saw was focused, and he hadn't forgotten his sun-pro.

Two things that I love about where I grew up, and that Bellingham doesn't have, are grand old oak trees, and turkey vultures. Do you ever feel like those guys are following you? They think I'm weak and I am about ready to fall over and gasp for water? Is there a cougar tracking me and they are going to be there to pick up the pieces? Yeah me neither.

Regarding the slideshow, you can hit the button with the four arrows on it and enter full screen mode.



1 comment:

JM said...

beautiful, bro!