Sunday, June 28, 2009

little robin captures big worm!

My most favorite mountain bike ride, check that, bicycle ride of all time, ever, no contest. The mountain biking on Marys Peak. I have ridden on Marys' needle strewn trails and gravel roads through whatever weather you can dream up. Inches of fresh pow, pouring rain - east ridge trail maybe should have been classified as some level of rapid, maybe a stream quality assessment would have been necessary. Some DO levels, invertebrate index, LWD, you get the picture. whoops, got off track a bit. My first night ride ever was heading up to the top from my home on hwy 34 using all fire roads and trails. Alone. Not a vehicle ever crossed paths with me. It was pretty scary coming down North ridge trail, thinking about cougars, singing some Bob, no woman no cry, as loud as I could, it was more like shouting, thinking back, I'm sure anything living that had the ability was quite far away from me. In fact, I'm quite confident that any cougar would have lost it's appetite. Although, I was a bit more scared when the little indicator light came on that says there's only 20-30 minutes of energy left to light my way, 12 miles of fireroad still to rally. I pedalled really fast. Just one of the countless times I've been up there in spandex on two wheels.

Yesterdays ride was a bit less memorable, possibly, but it put a big smile on my face.

3 comments:

JM said...

go little robin! you show that cougar with your singing!

Anonymous said...

Patrick,
A delayed thanks for the ride last weekend, glad it worked out. Europe is beautiful. Hope the rest of your time was good, and involved some rest and relaxation. I got some pics from the ride but won,t be able to post them for a while.
Alex

Patrick said...

Thanks Joanna! You rock.

Alex,
Yeah, the ride was great, thanks. Have a great time in Europe blowing up and down the dolomites.