Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I'm home in Oregon right now for a much needed break from life in Bellingham. I'm done with school for good and there's nothing like Oregon mountain/road bicycling to detoxify the body/mind of all the stress I've put myself through in the last month.



I left Bellingham early this morning so as to get to Philomath with plenty of time to unwind the legs after 6hrs of driving. Of course, I had to make a quick stop off in Portland at a certain world famous bookstore.




Armed with a new camera I got as a graduation present (Thanks Mom and Allen!) I'm now able to bring photos with me home from the ride. I was greeted by the WARMTH! The bone soaking warmth. The valley holds it just a wee-bit tighter then does the water up north. It is here. This is what I've been looking for... The crazy bugs that always seem to be around on hot days and just buzz, seemingly non-stop, the sheep taking shelter in the shadow of a poplar tree. Raspberries fat on the vine. I am happy to be here.





Hello Mary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patrick, I just got into Corvallis with a ride from Kyle Huth. Will nbe here through the weekend if you want to ride Mary's, Alsea, etc. e-mail is alexnberra@hotmail.com
Alex N-B