Thursday, June 16, 2011

Family, Food, XZ-1 Testing

My Parents just stopped into town for a brief visit. They were on a 5 day sail on Schooner Zodiac. We got out for some great food last night, along with a vicious partners cribbage game where the females came from behind and smashed Allen and I! Great to see them, even for a short spell. Kicked them out at the train station today for a cruiser train home to Oregon.

When I was in Olympic National Park a few weeks ago I ruined my little point/shoot camera with condensation it was so wet. After a lot of fussing around about what would be the best replacement, I finally decided on an Olymps XZ-1. It's a beautiful little camera that takes some seriously incredible images for it's size. One of the great features is the lens, it lets in a lot of light and therefore is great for low-light photography - a common theme while mountain biking in the woods of the PNW. Pretty impressed with the results this far. I'm excited to get to know the camera more and see what it can do!

Next on the hit list is Test of Metal in Squamish BC. It's a mass-start, point-to-point mountain bike race. 800 people on the start line! Have been hearing about it for years and this year (special Thanks to Logan for the free entry!) I'm toeing the line! Deanna and I are loading up Lil' Wayne and rolling up for a night or two of camping and then the race Saturday! If you've never ridden a mountain bike in Squamish, you're missing out! There are some pretty great trail up there.


(click on any of the images and they should get bigger for best viewing)
















No comments: