Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Good bye my sweet

I got back from Maui and instantly found myself working everyday until I left for Oregon six days later. Luckily, being the middle of winter, I was able to scrounge a day off and headed straight for the Chuckanuts. It was a beautiful day to ride.

I highly recommend clicking of a few of these photos for full viewing pleasure.


This is one of my favorite views in the Chuckanuts (pretty sure I say that every time). It only reveals itself during the dormant winter months. I enjoy coming here in the spring/summer/fall and imagining it's splendid layout of branches/islands/water/horizon. Thankfully, it comes just in time for the holidays.



No explanation needed, for this piece of soil.
I am readily here, to take pleasure from toil.


Climbing in the clouds, big smiles all around.
I pretend to fly! while body keeps to the ground.


Above and below clouds


Islands deep, like a full breath noticed;
pleased.


I recommend clicking on this photo for the big picture.


Here's a teaser from the Maui photo archive. I've got some sorting to do still but check back later for a slide show and tales from the island.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Are you calling Maui your sweet?

Patrick said...

kind of ambiguous huh? truth is, I just thought it was a nice thing to say. You eating lots of those jack daniels mixed nuts your dad makes? mmm mmm!! delicious.